Successful people focus on the things that matter most to them. They know what they want and are willing to put in the effort to obtain it. It’s absolutely essential to take this into account as we plan for the future. To be successful, you must have a solid foundation of values and beliefs from which to make decisions with clarity and confidence.
A person’s success is influenced by a variety of factors. The success flywheel has six major points that emphasize the importance of focusing on the right priorities in order to live a meaningful and successful life.
- Sleep. Oftentimes we tend to have a minimum of six hours a day but ideally eight to nine hours for us to recover. Sleep is necessary not only for recovery from exercise but also for daily function. Our brain and body do this without our knowledge; this is referred to as innate intelligence. Thus it is because of how we live, a lack of sleep increases the risk of injury and illness exponentially.
- Water. We should ideally drink half our body weight in ounces. It is better to start our day by drinking water for the next three hours in the morning because we are dehydrated and will keep waking up. Water is also found in the foods we eat, particularly fruits and vegetables, so it is critical that we consume these on a daily basis.
- Nutrition. Make sure not to skip breakfast and to eat three times a day, including fruits and vegetables, as our bodies require a certain number of calories to function. As a result, we’ll feel better, have more energy, and be less grumpy.
- Exercise. Always keep in motion and it should be part of our daily routine. Not every workout or exercise needs to be as hard as we possibly can go; we can do brisk walking, lifting three pounds of dumbbells are also great.
- Mindset. A mindset is a way we think about, perceive, and interpret our surroundings, as well as our beliefs also influence our mindset. The best thing to do in order to have a good mindset is to be mindful of what we’re doing and try not to be negative or judgmental of others.
We can do this by;
- Limiting our social media consumption
- Delete and unfollow people who are negative
- Listen to a positive and inspirational podcast
- Read more books
- Accepting failures and learning from those
- Stress. If we have all of the other five points in check on the flywheel, we’ll be able to handle stress way better. We’ve got to work through the problem and get through it to get to the other side.
When all six of these are properly managed, we will be functioning at a very high level as individuals and we’re better prepared and more open to new opportunities, perform better on a daily basis, both physically and mentally, and have better relationships. Thus, when we have these things under control, we have removed many of the impediments to having and achieving the extraordinary life that we deserve. By starting small changes in each key point, it can lead to a bigger outcome thus resulting in success.